[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Kart wheels

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:08:04 IST 2006

Hi Jord,

For my general purpose kart - I have used wheelbarrow wheels. But at high
speeds and on bad terrain - they would not be great.

For my racing kart - I use proper racing kart wheels - the wide ones with
plastic hubs.

The IDEAL thing to use - is small trailer (or caravan) wheels. These are
only 12" in diameter and have proper treads and have good sidewalls to
take the strain. These wheels are the ideal.