[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Karts

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:23:04 IST 2006

Hi Lucas,
Firstly for suspension - you would get away without it by having low
tyre pressure, however if you have a lot of bumps etc. then suspension
might well spare your kart from taking all the knocks and bumps. I
would make the kart first without suspension - test and see - and then
put in suspension afterwards if it needed it.
70kph - seems like an ok speed - around 40mph. That is do able with a
70cc motorbike engine with gears - that would be in the straight and
flat ground. if you hope to do 70mph over bumps and up hills - you'd
need a beefer engine.
Excluding cost of engine, but buying everything else incl. bearings
and weels - 350 euros.

Best of Luck
-steve