[Kartbuilding] Fwd: building tips

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:20:13 IST 2006

Hi Adam,
Well a live rear axle is a must.
Depending on your setup, you might need a differential. If the
steering geometry is done correctly, a solid rear live axle should be
ok.
Suspension is pretty simple on the rear.

For the front end of the kart, problems arise. Brakes on the front
wheels are must at high speeds. Front wheel braking combined with
suspension and steering make it  difficult to setup.
I cant say I have every tried to get suspension working on the front
end of a kart.
Check out the links on my website, there is one to a kart with suspension.
Sorry I cant offer any more info, apart from keep it simple and robust.
BEst of Luck
-steve