[Kartbuilding] Fwd: idea

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:21:22 IST 2006

Hi,

Interesting idea - getting a shopping trolley as a kart.
In order to do the steering, you will need to link both front caster
wheels togethor with a rod (properly called a track rod), so when
wheel turns the other turns also. Then you need a lever from the
steering wheel to move this rod left and right, i.e. to steer the kart
left or right.

A simpler way would be to get some decent small wheels (pnuematic -
with air inside them) and to rig up proper steering, and only have the
caster (metal wheels of the trolley just for show.)

Best of Luck with it either way,
Stephen