[Kartbuilding] question

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sat Jul 21 11:09:11 IST 2007

Hi,

A 4" x 4" length of timber will work fine. You may have to use extra
"Padding" pieces to make up for the extra 1". See number (6) of:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/JPG_wooden_go-kart_plans/Wooden_Kart_Plans_4.jpg
which is a basic version of the lawn more engine powered wooden kart.

As far as building a kart goes, its all about your ability rather than
your age. It was at around 12 or 13 when I started making gokarts.

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, luke pizzato wrote:

> I want to build the lawn mower engine powered, wooden kart. I can't seem to find a piece of wood 3''
by 4'' at home depot or lowes for the main chassis, so can I get a 4'' by 4'', or, where can I get
a 3'' by 4''?