[Kartbuilding] your mail

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Jul 24 16:26:40 IST 2007

Hi john,

As for the speed. A rough estimage would be around 25mph, and this is
quite fast on a wooden kart. There would want to be a high build quality
for the kart for it to withstand bumps etc. and that speed. Try and use
light weight wheels, as this helps to reduce the weight greatly.

As for the length of the v-belt, this depends on your setup and how far
the engine is away from the rear axle. I.e. how far out the back of the
kart is the engine. You would be best to setup the engine and rear axle,
and pulleys firstly. Then get a piece of string to measure the required
length of the v-belt.