[Kartbuilding] your mail

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Jul 30 10:02:26 IST 2007

Hi,

Putting the whole front end off a bycycle would be an easy way out
alright. I cant say how sturdy or strong that would be. I would much
prefer the front end of a motorbike, or scooter. (perhaps you meant the
front end of a motorbike, Im not sure).

As far as the principle goes, its ok. You couldnt do very high speeds or
fast cornering. Id say this setup would be limited to 20-25mph. If you
wanted to go faster, you would have to provide suspension and vertical
movement of the front end, so that when cornering hard/fast that the front
end would lean into the corners. (similar to a proper motorbike+sidecar).

I found myself going through 2-3 different setups before Id decide on a
final transmission and layout. You could always make this setup, see how
it works, and change it to make it better.