[Kartbuilding] Greetings kart builder! - Rear Axle - Solid or Hollow

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Wed May 9 11:38:26 IST 2007

Hi Jared,

The rear axle is generally solid bar stock of approximate 30mm diameter.
This is what I have always used on my karts.

I have seen racing karts however with hollow pipe live rear axles. This
cuts down on the weight significantly, but Im sure that the hollow
pipe was a specially manufactured axle with a satisfactory wall
thickness.

But yes - a solid rear axle is generally the norm.