[Kartbuilding] Hey

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu May 10 10:03:07 IST 2007

Hi John,

I would recommend you build the wooden kart firstly, before attempting to
make the more difficult racing kart. The plans for the wooden kart can be
found at: http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/index.html

The wooden kart can be made very cheaply and can be made from various
pieces of timber you may have around your house etc.

As for repairing a cheap used racing kart - that would be a good idea. The
only problem is that they are very rare indeed, and I dont know of any. I
suggest you look on eBay for a cheap second-hand racing kart in need of
repair.

But I advise you start out with the wooden kart and work up from there.
Thats where I started.