[Kartbuilding] Help

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun May 13 20:36:15 IST 2007

Hi again,

The steering for the wooden kart is outlined on:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/front_axle.htm

Its basically a piece of timber, 100mm x 75mm (4"x3") x 550mm (1/2meter)
long, with a 15mm x 15mm slot to accomodate a round steel bar. The steel
bar sticks out 60mm either end of the timber block. The wheels are mounted
then on either end of the steel bar sticking out of the timber. For the
steering - the ENTIRE timber block steers via 1 large bolt in the middle.
The measurements of this timber block and front wheels are at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/JPG_wooden_go-kart_plans/Wooden_Kart_Plans_6.jpg
or
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/PDF_wooden_go-kart_plans/Wooden_Kart_Plans_6.pdf

You should be able to see an animation of the wooden kart assembly
(including the steering) at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/large_exploded_animation.html

Im afraid I dont have or use messenger.