[Kartbuilding] Plans for a Pedal Go-Kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Nov 6 22:11:35 GMT 2007

Hi Brad,

Im afraid that I do not have any plans for a pedal powered go-kart at the
moment. It would be possible to adapt the "Basic Wooden Kart" as on:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/index.html
and
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/rear_axle.htm

It would be possible to mount the pedals of a bycycle before the front
axle. Then you could connect the sprocket of the pedal to the sprocket on
the rear axle via a chain. Take a look at:
http://mark.rehorst.com/CF_Bike/index.htm

There is another method of powering the rear axle by using a ratchet type
system of rods that push and pull a plate welded to the rear axle. This is
quite complicated and I do not have a diagram/plans at the moment which
can help.