[Kartbuilding] May I get some help? - Making the Wooden Kart Safe

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Nov 20 16:02:31 GMT 2007

Hi Michelle,

Details for brakes which can be used on the wooden kart can be found at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/brakes.htm
The brakes are the "horse-shoe" type used on bycycles.

Details for a seat with Side support which prevents the driver from
sliding out of the seating area on sharp turns can be found at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/seat.htm
The seat/chair used is commonly found in schools.

Once the above chair is used, then it will be easy to setup a seatbelt to
be used in conjunction.