[Kartbuilding] ackerman angle importance? - Photos of Kart (fwd)

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Oct 9 12:10:59 IST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:32:27 -0500
From: Computer Guru
To: Stephen Burke
Subject: Re: ackerman angle importance?

thanks for your help. i decided to build it the right way and get the tie
rods that i wanted so that i would only have to get them once.

i have included a few pictures for now and when its complete i will get the
rest of the pictures on line also.
picture notes: the "halo" bar i bent with a blowtorch and a ratchet strap
(details later), i made the seat and back myself. its sitting on blocks
because i made the frame to pivot for shocks (custom bushings)

anyone who has comments on my welding ability, just know that i was using a
arc (stick) welder, and i will grind the welds down and use a wire feed
welder (a lot easier to weld correctly)

it will be drivable tomorrow (thats when i get my tie rods in)

and then to finish it off, i am going to paint the frame and the engine.

thanks for all the information that you have!!!!!
james