[Kartbuilding] ackerman angle importance? - Photos of Kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Oct 9 12:16:05 IST 2007

Hi James,

Sorry for not emailing you back earlier.
The kart looks very well. That was a nice bit of pipe bending there for
the back of the seat. I wonder was it a thin wall tubing you used for the
back of the seat? Did you have to use a former for the tube bending, or
did you simply secure one end and use the ratchet straps to bend the tube
into shape?

The hinged rear of the kart has good potential in allowing for suspension
to be added to smooth the ride over off-road and bump roads.

If you have more photos of the rear suspension, the tube bending setup you
have with the ratchet straps, I can put them up on the kartbuilding
website.

Hope the kart is going well.

Best of Luck,
Steve