[Kartbuilding] chassis analysis

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Mar 23 02:03:02 GMT 2008

Hi,

I previously answered a similar query regarding stress analysis of a
gokart. I suggest read the following email:
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2007-September/000476.html

There also is some information about Factor of Safety on my blog at:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/06/28/safety-factors-for-designing-and-building-go-karts/

Im afraid that I dont know anything about Ansys. I use Cosmos FEA analysis
which comes as part of the SolidWorks CAD package. I suggest using this
CAD and FEA software as it will be much easier to get the information you
are looking for.