[Kartbuilding] Tips needed!

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Wed Mar 26 00:12:20 GMT 2008

Hi Tarun,

Yes - a stationary carrier on the front would be much easier. A front-end
loader would be way too much work!.

Even if you can't get a differential lock, I would have independant
braking on both rear wheels. Braking one rear wheel can make the kart spin
around in a nice tight circle.

For off-road, I would NOT use a 3 wheel setup. I would rather do the extra
work and setup the front steering system correctly.
Your going to have to look through all the steering setups and plans you
can. See:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_12_Front_Steering_End.pdf

It would also be a good idea to take a look at a pedal go-kart or kids
pedal tractor to see how the steering is done, and how the track rods push
the front wheels to steer.