[Kartbuilding] Kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri Oct 17 19:26:31 IST 2008

Hi Scott,

If you are going to buy *everything* brand new, it will cost quite a bit.
A new engine could be 300 Euros. A second hand one could be got for 50
Euros.
As for wheels, buying these new will cost quite a lot.
Typically the Karts on www.kartbuilding.net have been made for around
250 Euros.

A good idea would be to use eBay to price up second hand components for
making the kart.

As for what size motor, at the minimum you would want a 5hp engine. The
engines on the donor kart can be seen here:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Commercial_Karts-Photos_and_Details/DSC02144.JPG.html

Those engines are 5hp each! For starting off one of those engines would do
fine.