[Kartbuilding] kart design

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri Oct 17 19:51:20 IST 2008

Hi Phil,

I don't know the exact tubing material used in that Tony kart. I would
estimate that it is Diameter 30mm tubing with a wall thickness of 2mm
(i.e. a larger diameter tubing with a smaller wall thickness to reduce the
weight significantly.)

As for their camber and castor angles, you can download the 3d model of
the Tony kart from:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/08/09/solidworks-cad-drawing-of-a-tony-kart-chassis/
http://www.kartbuilding.net/PlAnS/tony_kart_97_chassis/Tony_Kart_Chassis_97.exe
You can use the eDrawing viewer to measure the Camber and castor angles
yourself.

I suggest you look at the following article which discusses FIA kart
drawings and specifications. Angles and dimensions are listed in the
document on this page:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/07/12/free-technical-kart-drawings-fia/