[Kartbuilding] Go-Kart plans (fwd)

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Dec 21 22:15:50 GMT 2009

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and the photo of the kart. Looking good. Fair play in
getting it made over the weekend. I hope you didn't have to give up the
wheels off your own lawnmower! :-)

I think it was around 9 years old when my dad made a wooden kart for me.
One with the old spoked pram wheels. The wheels were actually useful as
when people got tired pushing me, I could move myself around. Alas, the
old spoked pram wheels are rarely seen.

I was just thinking of it too. You'll be busy pushing the kart over the
Christmas! Unless there is a nice grass hill close by.

I'm glad you enjoyed making the kart. When I was making the karts, I got
great fun and enjoyment. Nowadays I've the excuse of no time, but who
knows, I may get a chance over the Christmas to take one of my old karts
out.

As for wooden kart kits. I'm afraid not. I don't remember seeing any!
wooden go-kart kit on the internet. They're all gone to these new fangled
pedal go-karts!
I think it was a great idea what you done - label the kart, make some
instructions and then get him to build and assemble it on Christmas day!
Wonderful thinking. For me, most of the enjoyment was in the making and
putting together of karts.

If you have any other photos of the kart, feel free to email them on, and
I can put them up on the kartbuilding gallery for others to see. (
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/OtherPeoplesKarts/ )

Thank you very much for your seasonal wishes. Many happy returns.

Best of luck,
Steve