[Kartbuilding] a simple wooden go-kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri Nov 20 22:15:22 GMT 2009

Hi,

The cost of the Materials (excluding engine and wheels) for the kart would
be: 50 - 80 Euros. This would depend on whether you want to use bushings
or proper bearings (see: http://www.kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/axle.htm )

The above costs would cover:
Buying tubing and steel for the chassis.
Hardware - bolts, nuts, split pins etc.
(Bearings can be very expensive, so if you need to cut costs, you can do
without bearings.)
You might also be able to get steel tubing etc. from old scrap
machines/equipment and use that for the kart.