[Kartbuilding] about go kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri Nov 20 22:23:48 GMT 2009

Hi Andhika,

The cheapest engines are usually the ones which are most commonly
available. For the racing kart on www.kartbuilding.net engines of a
motorbike was used. In this case the make was a suzuki 100cc engine which
there were lots of them available.

Of course in professional racing karts, there are special racing engines
used which are optimized for high speed. These engines cost lots of money.
I don't know how much a professional racing kart engine would cost.

As for making the racing kart itself, before you ask how much it will
cost, see how many parts you can get for free. Can you get 4 wheels of a
trolley/trailer and use them? Can you get the steel for free?
Typically it costs between 100 and 200 Euros to make a kart.