[Kartbuilding] Basic kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri Nov 27 21:13:56 GMT 2009

Hi Jamie,

So what you are looking to do is to make one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadracycle_(human-powered_vehicle)
or a pedal go-kart?

Unfortunately I don't have any plans or details on those type of karts.
Would you be able to use an old plastic childrens tractor or similar
trike? If you could, then you would see how the steering is setup and also
how the drive is done with a chain. Even if you went into a shop etc. to
look at how one of these pedal karts are put together, you would see all
you need to know.

(P.S. there is another way besides using a chain. See:
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2006-December/000307.html It would require a
little more work however. I suggest you get an old broken pedal tractor
etc. and use the parts of that.)