[Kartbuilding] question about the shape of a chasis

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Wed Feb 17 22:11:04 GMT 2010

Hi Max,

That is a good question regarding shape of the chassis: whether a more
square shape or rectangular shape is best.

Typically square shaped chassis's are used in racing karts to have a very
low center of gravity.

I don't have an ideal answer for you. I suggest you read the following:
http://kartbuilding.net/The_NatSKA_Guide_to_Karts_and_Karting/Pages-1-10-11-12-13-Chassis-Design.pdf

Typically on some of the karts I make, the chassis is rectangular shaped,
and then the rear axle and front axles stick out on either side. Therefore
the wheelbase is more square shaped.

If you do find out more on the specifics, I'd be interested to hear.