[Kartbuilding] Help Please

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Mar 29 20:21:28 IST 2010

Hi Josh,

Depending on whether you built a go-kart before, perhaps it might be an
option to build the wooden go-kart with a lawnmower engine. See:
http://kartbuilding.net/Lawnmower_Powered_Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/
The full set of parts, materials and everything required is listed on that
above website.

The wooden kart is very crude and it doesn't look very well. However it is
light, and is easy to put together. You will have to ask the team and see
what they say. It sounds like its a big project that ye have to undertake,
making the kart into an amphibious vehicle. I think you are on the right
approach in making a boat/ float and just sitting the kart on top. Perhaps
attach larger wheels or blades to the kart wheels to power it on water.
There is certainly a lot in it and as a result I don't think ye will have
much time to focus on asthetics and looks.

Apart from the above wooden kart and lawnmower engine, you could go with
the racing kart at http://kartbuilding.net/racingkart/index.html or the
off-road kart at: http://kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/plans.htm

I'd go with the wooden go-kart myself.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.