[Kartbuilding] Wooden kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Thu Sep 16 00:53:51 IST 2010

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the update.
I'm glad to hear you got the clutch working with the 3rd pulley wheel.
Having the 3rd pulley wheel to tension the clutch makes for much smoother
taking off and stopping of the kart. If it wasn't too much bother, it
would be great if you could send on an image of the clutch setup. It is a
common question I get asked. Before you had the 3rd pulley wheel/clutch
how did you start the kart? Push start it? Pull start the engine cord
while giving the kart a push? That is another advantage of having the
clutch as it makes starting the engine easier.

Thanks for all the real-life info and images on your experiences making
this wooden kart.

-steve