[Kartbuilding] Steering setup of Racing Kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sat Dec 17 19:08:10 GMT 2011

Hi Ryan,

The steering setup of karts is quite tricky! It typically takes some trial
and error to get it correct, and plenty of testing. You'd be best to go
about adjusting the steering setup outside of racing season. It could get
worse before it gets better.

I think you should do some more research before you go adjusting. The
details on the steering setup on the karts on kartbuilding.net are only
for general purpose karts. I suggest you take a read of:
http://www.karting.co.uk/KandK/Tech/KartSetup.html
I also think you should go look at other racing karts, and compare their
steering setup against your own steering setup.

Also, before you do change anything in the Steering setup of your kart,
make sure to photograph and make note of all the angles. That way, if
handling does get worse, at least you can put it back to the way it was.