[Kartbuilding] Unusual Question

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Mon Oct 29 18:58:28 GMT 2012

Hi Karen,

Using an Electric motor to power the kart would be a safe and controlled
way of powering the kart. A fellow kartbuilder made an electrical
go-kart before. See their write-up on it:
http://kartbuilding.net/other_karts/Making_an_Electric_Vehicle.pdf

Apart from that, maybe the boys could make a wooden go-kart with a chain
drive and pedals?
See:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2010/01/28/want-some-pedal-power-for-your-wooden-go-kart/
That would be a good compromise, and they should be able to get parts
from old bicycles.