[Kartbuilding] (no subject)

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Tue Sep 18 23:54:04 IST 2012

Hi Christian,

A treadmill motor would be designed to run off 110 or 240 volts. A car
battery is 12 volts.
You may be able to get a transformer to allow the motor (110v) run off a
12 volt car battery, however it may not run for very long.

It would be worth looking at the following document which a fellow
kartbuilder created. Its an electrical vehicle and they go through the
type of motor and battery they used.
http://kartbuilding.net/other_karts/Making_an_Electric_Vehicle.pdf