[Kartbuilding] Caster

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Sep 19 00:01:47 IST 2012

Hi Todd,

The castor and camber angles are very precise in a gravity car. The
wheels are larger so any change in the angles makes a big difference.

I remember writing to a person before about these types of cars. See:
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2009-February/000667.html
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2009-March/000677.html
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2009-February/000666.html
There is also an ackerman angle and toe-in to consider.

It might be possible to create adjustable spindles (or an adjustable
king pin post) to allow you to tweak the castor and camber angles.
An example is shown at:
http://kartbuilding.net/PlAnS/Types_of_Yokes_Adjustable_Camber_Castor_Angle.pdf

I hope this information helps.