[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Re: a new pic

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Mon Sep 24 23:42:08 IST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: a new pic
Date: 	Thu, 20 Sep 2012 01:11:18 +0300
From: 	Ami Rosen
To: 	Stephen

Hi Stephen ,
Last week a man over 100kg was standing on the  chassis but
the tractor drive very well !
I am going to add breake for each side to solve steering problem .
Ami

2012/9/20 Stephen Burke

    Hi Ami,

    Thanks for your last two images, on the steering and track.

    You have put a lot of work into the kart. It looks well.
    The drive v-belts look good and strong and should not break.

    The chain and sprockets look to be a good size and should well. You will
    have to test and see if the chain will come off.
    While the sprockets and chain look to be a good match, I've heard a lot
    of stories of chains and tracks coming off.
    At the least, you could have a 3rd idler sprocket mounted on an arm with
    a spring to tension the chain.

    I hope the build is going good for you.