[Kartbuilding] kart plans, engine

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Jan 6 12:13:59 GMT 2013

Hi Gerhard,

The most common engine I use on my go-karts is the Yamaha RXS100.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_RX_100
and
(older model of: http://www.syb-magazine.com/1995yamaharxs100.htm )

There is no battery or electric starter. There is a kick start lever. See:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/DSC04640.JPG.html
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/DSC04641.JPG.html

Yes, the gearbox, 4 speed and manual wet clutch is all inbuilt into the
motorcycle engine.
There are a lot of photos of the engine at:
http://kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Off-Road_Kart/?g2_page=4

Note: I didn't make this engine. I took it from a rxs100 motobike,
stripped it, redone the electrics to just have the CDI ignition unit and
fitted it to the kart.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.