[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Simple Wooden GoKart (Variance)

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Jul 24 00:11:50 IST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Simple Wooden GoKart (Variance)
Date: 	Sat, 8 Jun 2013 20:07:17 +1000
From: 	Justin KING
To: 	<Kartbuilding at gmail>

Dear Kartbuilding,

Firstly, thankyou very much for putting the plans on the net, for free.
It was truly appreciated.

I’m in Brisbane Australia and I have 2 boys age 5 and 7.  I used the
basis of your design to add a little extra flavour for the boys who love
the idea of a tipper truck.  I thought I would share it with you.

I made the overall length a little longer and I had a seat from an old
electric go Kart that had broken down soon after buying it.  I bought
the wheels from a major hardware chain for about $10 each.  I had 2 old
door frame hinges I used for the tipping action.  This thing is so
solid, even I have ride it (I am 6 ft and weigh just under 90kgs (about
198 Lbs))

I have, however, found the steering is too difficult for my boys to
operate, so it doesn’t get used as much, so I am working on a different
steering solution.  I have attached a picture of the basic design (Did
it in Sktech up.  I just need to work out the linkage from the steering
arm to the steering wheel shaft (I’ll work it out, I’m just sharing).

You are welcome to use the pictures on your site if you wish.  Please
don’t put my email address up, I don’t want to answer a million
questions about the shade of blue on the seat, let alone any other
queries!  But you can use my name and location.

Again, thankyou for your info on the site, the drawings were well
detailed and very helpful!

Regards

Justin King