[Kartbuilding] Engine for go kart

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Tue May 28 21:52:06 IST 2013

Hi Mihajlo,

I'm glad you like the kartbuilding.net website.

The best engine for a go-kart is a motor-bike engine. Ideally an
air-cooled motor-cycle engine between 100 and 250cc. Motor-cycle engines
have gears which will allow the kart to be used in a lot of different
cases and terrains. You could drive the kart on grass and tarmac. Also,
most motorcycle engines have a clutch and while some people don't like
stick gearbox selection (using the clutch) I think it is good fun and
great practice having a clutch, brake and gas pedal.

Let us know if you have any questions.