[Kartbuilding] for go kart bell crank steering system material

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Thu Sep 5 23:28:53 IST 2013

Hi,

All the karts I make use a simple pitman drop-arm to move the track rods
from right to left and thus steer the kart.

See:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/06/23/pitman-drop-arm-versus-bell-crank/

I don't have the measurements for a typical bell crank steering system.

The materials I typicaly use is "Plain Carbon Steel" (mild steel). While
it may be a bit heavier, it is easy to weld together.