[Kartbuilding] Queries

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Jul 5 14:39:01 IST 2007

John,

I will try and answer on the four areas you outlined in your email.

1. Detail information on Building and designing tracks
Currently I don't have any information or articles to hand regarding
Building and designing tracks. I suggest you look through the NatSKA
website for information about Karts and Kart Tracks, the design of them
etc. They have a handbook available outline some initial information
about racing tracks at:
http://www.natska.co.uk/handbook/2007.pdf

2. Business Models
I'm afraid that I do not have any information or experience in this area.

3. Buy or Building Go Kart
This depends on the quantity of Go Karts you require. Also, if you are
going to meet all the various standards and regulations for "amusement
rides" and safety etc. it would be easier and cheaper buying a number of
karts together. Items like remote shutdown/control of karts can be quite
expensive when bought individually.
Have a read of a blog article I wrote on safety factors for designing and
building a go kart:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/06/28/safety-factors-for-designing-and-building-go-karts/
That article and its links will give some idea at the level of safety and
solid construction required for Go-Karts.

4. Do you offer Hands on training and consultancy?
What areas specifically would you want training and consultancy? I would
be able to offer consultancy for selection and/or Building of Go-Karts for
use on a public karting track/arena.

Best Regards,
Steve