[Kartbuilding] engine is cutting out

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Dec 29 00:09:31 GMT 2008

Hi,

Yes - after connecting the lawn-mower engine to the kart, it can be very
easy for the engine to cut-out and stop.
One way is to lift up the rear of the kart, put it on blocks so the wheels
can sping freely. Then start the engine, push the kart off the blocks and
drive off.

If you used "pulley wheels and a drive belt" then you can add a third
pulley wheel to tension the drive belt. This allows the engine to be
running while the kart is stopped.
Check out the following how-to's:
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2007-May/000398.html
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2007-April/000387.html